Valid from July 20th 2018
We are committed to handling personal information in a safe and secure manner. This privacy statement will help you understand what kind of personal information we treat, why they are collected and processed, and how we use them. It will also explain how you can exercise the rights you have when you give personal information.
It is the general manager of the individual company who are the controller of our existing and potential customers, and associates personal information. The follow-up is delegated to managers in the administration. If you have questions, feel free to contact us using the contact details at the bottom of this document. When used below: "company", "subsidiaries", "we", "our" or "us" we mean all the companies that belong to Ølen Betong group. (See «about us» at www.olenbetong.no).
What personal information do we collect about you?
When you are in contact with us in writing, orally or electronically, we may
collect personal information about you in order to follow you up towards
questions you have raised and the agreements we have entered into. When a
company addresses us, and provides a contact person with contact details,
these will be registered for further follow-up in the cooperation.
What personal information we collect depends on the circumstances and the purpose of your contact with the company, but the following are usually registered with us:
- E-mail address
- Postal address
- Delivery address
- Title/position (when relevant in relation to customer relationship/inquiry
- Products you are interested in
- Projects you work with (when relevant to your customer relationship)
- Employer (when the application concerns that company)
- Other relevant information you choose to allow us to register
When someone addresses us in writing and provides contact information (in
letters, e-mail or other written communications), we consider these to be
given for this and similar matters so that we can record the information for
that purpose. The same applies to the above information that you provide to us
by phone or business visit.
Who do we register information about?
Contact details of company customers/suppliers and private customers (showing the contact's role as a business relationship). In relevant cases, information about which products this contact person has requested information about is stored and which is therefore relevant for the company's own follow-up of the customer/supplier. Other information may be collected and stored when applicable and is approved by the contact person.
Information that others have given about themselves in order to receive information about products, vacancies or other relevant contexts such as marketing purposes, market research etc., when the person has actively verified that the company can store and use the personal information for a specified purpose.
Associates and board of directors in our own company
Information about associates will also include relevant information about competence (education, experience and certificates, as well as previous practice) and other information relevant to the employment relationship (eg. account number for payment of salary etc.).
Furthermore, contact details about next-of kin and other matters that the associate has stated on appointment or later, and which has not been withdrawn in writing or required to be deleted, will be retained.
Data about the company's ordinary operations (offers, orders, deliveries, etc.) may be linked to persons (timesheets, delivery notes, etc.) and stored in accordance with relevant legislation.
Other contact persons
Eg. contact information for our contacts at public offices or other contexts, where we regularly need contact.
Why do we collect this personal information?
The company only collects personal data that is either statutory or necessary to perform the company's primary tasks in operations and business activities. Including information such as:
- We are required to report to Public authorities.
- Is required by law to register, regarding salary, sales/accounts, etc.
- We need to be able to communicate with you as an associate, customer, supplier or when you have an appointment with us.
- Required to provide you with offers, news, information, products or services that you have requested.
- Allows us to notify you of changes in products and services that are of importance to you as a customer of ours.
- To assess credit risk for the sale of goods and services or the conclusion of contracts.
Our legal basis for registering personal information
- Collection of personal data based on consent
- We collect consent-based personal information, that is, where you have said yes we can register and use the information in our contact with you. Individual consents will be stored and documented in our systems.
- Collection of personal data based on contracts
- We use personal information to fulfill obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Collection of personal data based on legitimate interest
- We may use personal information if it is considered to be of legitimate interest and whose privacy interests to the data subjects do not exceed this interest. In order to establish the legal rights of the data collection, an assessment is usually made that identifies a mutual interest between the company and the individual. This assesment is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We always inform individuals about their privacy rights, and the purpose of collecting personal information, including by referring to the information contained in this Privacy Statement.
Who can access this personal information?
The company does not collect data for the purpose of distributing these to other businesses, but for use in our contact with you, and in this matter, our associates that follow up personnel, requests, offers, deliveries and other agreements we have with you, have access to the information. Auditors and authorities will also have access to the information.
In special cases, information may be distributed to our own subsidiaries, in cases where two or more of these cooperate with us on joint projects, deliveries or marketing plans, joint procurement, etc., as well as for warranty liability and similar conditions.
If information about our associate is communicated regarding the above, he/she will be contacted to confirm that this is accepted, if such confirmation is not already available.
When you use our website, personal information may be collected through for example cookies. However, this is only done through a separate consent. If your browser (or other equivalent device when calling a site) is set to allow cookies when you visit the site, you are deemed to have given your consent to such use. This will save the information about the usage and the pages that are visited. There may be technical information about your device and Internet connection such as operating system, browser version, IP address, cookies, and unique identifiers. Using our services, different techniques can be used to familiarize you with the purpose of teaching us more about our users.
This can be done directly or through the use of third party technology.
Personal information will only be used for direct marketing towards you, once you have confirmed that you would like to receive information from us or for information about products you have purchased or are offered. We will not allow other companies than us and our subsidiaries to access the information.
How long do we store your personal information?
We will not store your personal information beyond what we consider necessary to fulfil the purposes described in the section "Why do we collect this personal information?". After this we will delete or, in some cases, anonymize your personal information. We make regular reviews to determine if we have saved personal information to be deleted. As we process your personal information for different purposes, however, it will vary how long we store your information. In some cases, by law or regulation, information is to be kept for a specified period of time.
How do we protect your personal information?
Protecting your personal information is important to us. All personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers managed by our own IT department. We use comprehensive measures to protect against loss, abuse, unauthorized access, change, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. Even though we work hard to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that this will prevent all kind of unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose the information. We have security and response plans to handle any physical or technical events quickly and in the best possible way to limit the adverse effects of such events.
How can you access your personal information?
We understand that from time to time you may need additional information from us regarding your personal information and how these are processed, or that you may wish to update or correct the information you have provided. Therefore, you have the following rights:
- Right to access your personal information: You are entitled to receive information from us as to whether we process personal information about you and, if so, to access your personal information.
- Right to correction: If you find that personal information we process are incorrect or inaccurate, you are entitled to require that we correct such personal information about you.
- Right to delete (right to be forgotten): In certain cases, for example, where your personal information has been processed without a legitimate basis or where you have withdrawn consent to your treatment (where treatment is based on your consent), you are entitled to require us to delete your personal information.
- Right to limit treatment: In some cases, for example, where you contest the accuracy of your personal information or where you have protested against our legitimate purpose in processing your information, you have the right to require that we limit the processing of your personal information until a solution is found.
- Right to object to treatment: In certain cases, for example if you contest that we have a legitimate purpose in processing your personal information, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data for reasons relating to your particular situation.
- Right to data portability: If the processing of your personal information is performed automatically and based on consent or in order to comply with our agreement, you have the right to require that we provide you with access to personal information in a machine-readable format for transfer to another provider.
- Right to appeal to supervisors: You have the right to file a complaint regarding our processing of your personal information to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet)
If our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw such consent at any time. Revocation of consent will still not affect the processing we have made based on the consent before it was revoked. Recall of consent is made by contacting us on the address listed below. The request must be made in writing by letter or e-mail, or by personal contact (address below). Associates have to contact personnel office. We may require you to legitimize that you are the right person.
Printing of the information we have stored will either be handed over by visiting us or sent by post. They cannot be sent electronically because of the risk that they may be lost on the way.
If you have been assigned a username and password in order to log in to a web page for updating your information yourself, this will be the best way.
Request to delete information
If you want us to delete your personal information, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org. There might be legal requirements where we are required by law to keep personal information in our system for a certain period of time.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time. Therefore, you should
ensure that you regularly read to the latest version of the Privacy Statement.
The current version of the Privacy Statement will be published on our website:
If the changes are significant, we will notify you, for example, by email. If
we change the privacy statement in a way that affects how we use your personal
information, we will let you know what possibilities you have as a result of
For further information about personal information management or if you have any questions, please contact us at:
Ølen Betong AS
Phone 5377 5200